Over 50 Years of Dedicated Service to Our Community
After completing dental school at the University of Tennessee in 1953, Dr. Joseph L. Kellum began his practice of dentistry in Tupelo at Kellum Clinic. Kellum Clinic began when Dr. Joe’s father, Dr. Henry J. Kellum, Sr., started his medical practice as an ophthamologist. As the sons of Dr. Kellum, Sr., completed medical school, they entered into their respective practices at Kellum Clinic. Kellum Clinic has seen the practices of Dr. Henry J. Kellum, Sr. – ophthamology, his sons Dr. Henry J. Kellum, Jr. – General Medicine, Dr. Agrippa S. Kellum, Sr. – Surgery, Dr. William C. Kellum, Sr. – Internal Medicine, Dr. Joseph L. Kellum, Sr. – Dentistry, as well as Dr. Bill’s son, Dr. William C. Kellum, Jr. – Internal Medicine, and for a short time Dr. Joe’s son, Dr. Joseph L. Kellum, Jr. – Dentistry. Many patients were served over the years at the old Kellum Clinic.
In 1976, Kellum Dental Clinic began as a separate building adjacent to the old Kellum Clinic. Dr. Joe continued his practice of dentistry until retiring in 1998. During this time, Dr. Joe had the opportunity to practice dentistry with three of his sons. Dr. Joseph L. Kellum, Jr., Dr. Daniel H. Kellum, and Dr. Thomas N. Kellum. All four of these dentists received a DDS degree from the University of Tennessee. Dr. Les began his dental practice in 1976 and practiced until 1984 before returning to medical school. Dr. Dan began his dental practice in 1978 and Dr. Tom began his dental practice in 1990. Dr. Dan and Dr. Tom continue to practice dentistry together as Kellum Dental Clinic.